Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fist project for Intro to Photography

This is the first project in my intro to photography class. Our assignment was to take 24 photographs over a 24-hour time-period, recording all relevant information as we took the shots. I titled my series “Rituals in Solitude”. In addition to the outline of this assignment, I wanted to add a further stipulation. Since moving to Chapel Hill from Orlando a couple months ago my entire daily life has changed. I am in a new city with few familiar faces. I don’t even have an opportunity to see my fiancĂ©’ or my stepson as often as I did before I moved, so I wanted to add the feeling of isolation and solitude to my project. I achieved this by shooting all of my shots during the middle of a busy weekday, but taking the effort to exclude any people in my shots. With the exception of the image entitled “One of two addictions”, the following images are the photographs I liked the most. I included “One of two addictions” because others in class thought it was the best image out of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment